At Fleetio, we believe that building great software requires great product management. As a Product Manager, it’s your job to move the product forward in search of happy and productive customers. This is a demanding but rewarding role that requires an abundance of curiosity, skill, and leadership.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day.
You’ll own key parts of the software development process: researching the details of how something should work, defining and prioritizing user stories, talking to customers, and working with product designers and engineers to build remarkable solutions.
Product Management is a fairly technical role at Fleetio. While you won’t be coding, we expect PMs to have a fundamental understanding of how web applications and many of the underlying technologies work. You should be an expert in data analysis, and know how to instrument systems to collect data and build queries to analyze it.
This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Talk to customers and know the market, the product line, and the competition extremely well. You’ll learn to finish our customers’ sentences, which means talking to a lot of them in order to understand the root of a problem — and all variations of it.
- Make strategic decisions. You will be expected to build and execute a product roadmap that achieves a strategic vision. The product manager is the decision-maker, the person who can take a variety of inputs and skillfully decide what actions must take place immediately, next, and never.
- Organize feedback, bugs, and ideas into a development backlog. You’ll use tools like Balsamiq or Figma to prototype creative solutions and work with designers and developers to refine and implement them.
- Research and spec out how things should work. Explain the obvious. Engineering shouldn’t have to ask a million questions when they start working on a feature.
- Communicate internally and externally. You will help write documentation, deliver updates to other Fleetio teams, craft marketing messaging, assemble presentations, contribute to white papers, and more.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Build software used by users all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our awesome HQ in downtown Birmingham, AL. Please note, this is not a remote role.
- 5+ years in a product management or UX development (or closely-related) role on an agile software team.
- Strong strategic decision-making — you will need to decide what to build and why, which isn't just about listening to customers tell you what features they want.
- Strong technical background that enables you to convey product requirements to engineers and relay complicated details to non-technical colleagues and customers.
- Natural leadership and influence, even when you don’t have direct authority over others within an organization.
- Excellent organization and communication skills — this role is all about communicating while efficiently managing projects with many moving parts.
- “Spidey-sense” product instincts and creativity. Able to suggest approaches that nobody on the team has thought of, but immediately strike everyone as obvious when they hear them.
- Fundamental understanding of good UX design — you’re compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly.
- Natural curiosity and empathy — always looking to deeply understand problems and challenges.
- Level up if you know a thing or two about cars, fleet management, vehicle maintenance, or related industries.
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Monthly catered lunches and office snacks
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing [email protected].